Wednesday, 31 May 2017

PCU#3: Cologne in Cologne

We had a most excellent day relaxing, then berthed in Cologne late afternoon.  We did the guided walk which concluded at the majestic cathedral.  Totally delightful. 
Our guide abandoned us there and we were left to meander back through the streets to the ship.
It was so very hot and humid. The moisture coming straight off the Rhine creating a steamy haze.
We naturally were in need of hydration.   The boys soon found a nice establishment offering a refreshing beverage.... or two.
I love the custom here.  The beer wenches bring out small glasses to the lads and then kept bringing more out as the glasses emptied until they put a coaster on the glass.. How civilised hehehe. 
I found some shops...surprise surprise...
Among them a 4711 shop sat nestled between Armani and Gucci.   Oh my...not at all Grandma scents. They offered a wide range of fragrances I'd never seen or heard of.  Some floral but mostly citrus based. I bagged a very fresh orange base Eau de Cologne.   Perfect for...Hot steamy days. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment