The eagle has landed...well a Qantas A380 anyway...carrying our good friends of too many years to mention, Peter and Shirley.
How amazing and special to share some time here with them before we all head off next week for our Cruise. Whooohooty good times ahead! I predict lots of laughs and just a few wines....
So to catch up...we collected the hire car from Kings Cross yesterday...and by car I mean...bus. Yikes...the car they offered us as a 7 seater...which we ordered to take all the luggage... Would have probably been ok for Noddy and Bigears... But hardly adequate for Badger and Bat and their good buddies and luggage for 7 weeks of travel...so they upgraded us. We now are getting around in a van. The Badger has dubbed himself The white Van Man...
He as amazes me, I took one look at this monster and freaked at the thought of having to negotiate busy London streets...but the Badger never flinches. Mind you this is the man who has driven through the madness of Barcelona and Paris last year...twice..and remember the return to Paris last year? He drive from Champagne to Paris baring large clots in both lungs, he was so I'll...and within 1/2 hour of arriving at our Paris hotel...he was carted off in an ambulance barely able to catch a breath. I don't know if he's mad or my hero...I'll go with hero.
Anyway...I digress...picked up our travel companions and off we went, a new chapter beginning. After a very desperate stop to ' refresh' at a service centre...we arrived at Bourton on the Water in time for a quick trot about, a change and a wash and drinks in the bar before dinner in the bistro. We are once again staying at the Old Manse Hotel. This year they have shoved us in the attic like mad relatives... Me thinks they remembered us???
Pictured are P&S's actual plane hitting the tarmac, our drive through London from the dashboard of the van and the room with a view...the view from our little attic window of the little village rooftops.
A lovely mist just might just be the promise of a sunny day once it's lifted...magic!
Saturday, 20 May 2017
INCOMING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so happy Andrew showed me how to do this.. it's so easy when you know how �� Glad they arrived safely, love Cotswolds so petty, have a fabulous time love to you all ������ cheers �� please let me know if you get this ��
ReplyDelete