The Mousetrap... something off my Bucket List. I have been a Whodunit enthusiast since childhood. Something I shared with my mother, who introduced me to Agatha Christie's Marple and Poirot, Ngaio Marsh, Sherlock Holmes and the like. Arhhhh...wet Saturday afternoons watching Margaret Rutherford and Springer Davies chasing down clues...bliss.
Anyway, I digress. Off we went last night to the West End...first off had a panic attack on the tube. Arhhh...mental note...add to list for hypnotherapy... Being crammed into a tin can like a sardine with smelly individuals who have no doubt been working up a nervous sweat driving a desk all day...and propelled 100s of miles an hour down lightless rabbit warrens... OXYGEN...GAS MASK...LET ME OUT! Eventually I was let out...well more like pushed and swept up in a river of same individuals up, down, sideways through tunnels and finally saw daylight again. Never ever ever get on the tube in the peak hours...
So with the help of the complimentary hotel mobile phone ( I kid you not...our room had a free cell phone...free calls both local and OS...data and the GPS worked a treat to get us around.) we found the Seven Dials area...and the theatre. I love the Seven Dials...gorgeous!
We enjoyed a tasty crab linguine and a glass of red before walking down to the show.
What a sweet little theatre. The chilling music began...the curtain went up and the show began...I have dreamt of this nightmare all my life! Within minutes one by one of the patrons started dropping off....
... to sleep...by intermission the snoring was drowning out the dialogue. It was soooo hot, people were dropping like flies from heat exhaustion. What a total hoot! Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Friday, 19 May 2017
Whodunit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Andrew is clever. And very, very handsome.
ReplyDeleteLol...and so true Val. X
ReplyDelete