Wow...The Yorkshire Sculpture Park was such amazing place. Acres and acres of art. Just when you thought 'that must be it' another vista opens up and another amazing space is before you with even more pieces. It took us all day to walk around and I suspect we didn't see everything.
Some sculptures were majestic in open medows with the sheep or cattle wandering about, some nestled discreetly in the park as if quietly resting and contemplating their surroundings. So much talent and the atmosphere was so tranquil.
We also called in at a heritage centre before returning to base. Some amazing antiques but I resisted temptation in the end...will I regret not getting that book illustrated by Margaret Tarrant? Mmm?
We finished the day by walking to what is without doubt the best Indian Restaurant I've ever been to.
Thursday, 22 June 2017
A day of art and culture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment