Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Barging About

Highlights of today;
We almost had a 'stack' (Australia colloquialism for crash, for those Aussie challenged out there )  when some nong tried to pass us on the wrong side..yikes.. Idjit! I was right in the middle of reading my magazine and doing my nails in the cuffuffle ...everything went flying...mag flew across my wet nails. Polish bottle fell over on the mag...bit of a mess. ..grrrhmph.
Anyway you'll be pleased to know, the Badger did well to avoid him and not run us into the bank...and I rescued my manicure.  
Second highlight. Badger emptied the 'cassette ' while I want supply shopping.  
Badger...you are a better man than I Gunga Din...ik, pooee, nasty! Yuck yuck yuck.  You are my hero! God bless you. X
Anyway... Cabin boy Jac, was on galley duties...we pulled up and enjoyed some home made...well narrow boat made,  vegetable soup with crusty bread.
Tonight...after we leave the Water Witch Pub...where I am using their internet to post this...and enjoying a beverage... We are going to pull up and have some more crusty bread and tortellini in a vegetable ragout with crispy hot salami and a salad...Hick.. Well thhhatsx the plannn. Hick.
I fancied mooring  out in the wilderness for the night... Instead of a town or village.. Which probably means being about a 5 minute walk from civilisation...the pace on these things is so slow the pedestrians on the towpath over take us.
PS...Third highlight...and I don't know why I left this to last...apart from the fact I've already typed a monologue on the phone and can't be bothered editing...We went over the Lune River on the aqueduct.... amazing!

4 comments:

  1. Hi both, the secret of the toilet on board is to use the pub facilities whatever possible and reduce the necessity to empty the cassette. Needs a bit of work to get the bodily functions in line with licensing hours but can be done. Cheers steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve...we are total novices at this....we are obviously not finding enough pubs! Hehehe

      Delete
  2. Ps. Glad you enjoyed the acquaduct. Sent you a couple of emails cheers Steve and Bev x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again, sorry about not replying to emails...Paul is about to address that. X

      Delete