Sunday, 25 June 2017

Horror in Hastings

I'm pretty sure this is the ring leader of the gang of thugs and thieves .  Not the chap having a drink but that gull.
We were enjoying a promenade on the sea front with a fish cake and a chip or two.  A passer by had warned us about these diabolical creatures...but seriously, we get gulls all the time at home squarking about at the beach....so why the panic.
On we walked, Daft Bat was in the middle of some terribly interesting anecdote and waving Italian arms about as per usual... However, said hand also had a chip and I felt it helped my story by using it somewhat like a baton. 
Bloody hell... In seconds the family were being dive bombed like something from an Alfred Hitchcock movie and those blinking gulls looked a whole lot smaller when they were flapping about in the sky. 
Now.... you'd think being yelled at to 'drop the chip and run' wouldn't have been too hard...but being hearing challenged, panicked and well let's be honest here...Daft Bat has that name for a reason...I wasn't going to drop that chip.

Instead... 'crouched and running and being chased along with companions, while still wildly waving hand around.... hand with chip...  and screaming... until I realised what was going on.

So did I drop that chip? Hell no... Scoffed it! Barharhar... No flipping gull on steroids was going to get the better of me...or my chip for that matter...Nom nomnomnon..sorry guys.
Meh.. They are ok now...trip to the pub and they soon recovered from the trauma.  Although not sure what the dreams may be like tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment